Astralomia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Astralomia

A spiritual forum providing a network for all those traveling along their spiritual mission or trying to find spiritual enlightenment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are spells?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anasopiah
Admin
Anasopiah

Female
Number of posts : 304
Humor : Quirky, dry, quick, witty.
Registration date : 2008-12-06

What are spells? Empty
PostSubject: What are spells?   What are spells? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:04 am

I posted this so we can all discuss what spells are.

I believe that spells are basically the prayers of a witch. If you believe in them, they will work. If you don't believe then they will not. After all, would a Christian, Muslim, or someone of another faith pray to God and not believe in what he or she is saying? I doubt it. We use coloured candles, incenses, and other objects to represent the elements because it strengthens our spells/prayers to the God and/or Goddess in the area we are casting the spell in.

I also believe that tools are not necessary, we use them to help direct our energy and magick.

Spells, to me, are not something you just say and it will merrily happen, it is something that you have to believe in.

What are your views on spells? What is a spell to you?
Back to top Go down
http://astralomia.ning.com/
indigowarrior

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-07

What are spells? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are spells?   What are spells? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:06 am

Well being a witch I will say that I personally believe that spells are energy. I think prayers are loosly a word. Spells can be tricky thing. BECAREFUL what you wish for. I learnt that if you believe it will work. however there s always a complication again

Becareful what you wish for
Back to top Go down
Anasopiah
Admin
Anasopiah

Female

What are spells? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are spells?   What are spells? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:20 am

Energy is also a lose term, and although it has a definition it can still be quite vague, I think together prayers and energy sum it up quite well. study not prayers as in sit down and pray, but the believing part Smile

I understand what you mean by energy, because with everything being energy everything also uses energy to create new actions (like Spells). Again, with energy and some ESP gifts, you have to believe it before it will happen Smile (e.g. telekiesis).

Do you think humans really truly know what they need? Going back to your warning on wishing. I don't believe we do, but only to an extent. We're on a path to which the end we can't see. I'm straying off topic lol!
Back to top Go down
Anasopiah
Admin
Anasopiah

Female

What are spells? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are spells?   What are spells? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:40 am

I found this definition of a spell today "a focused prayer with a specific intent behind it", I thought it may be of use Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What are spells? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are spells?   What are spells? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are spells?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Astralomia :: Religion & Spirituality. :: Wicca.-
Jump to: