Astralomia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Astralomia

A spiritual forum providing a network for all those traveling along their spiritual mission or trying to find spiritual enlightenment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Witches Alphabet.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anasopiah
Admin
Anasopiah

Female
Number of posts : 304
Humor : Quirky, dry, quick, witty.
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Witches Alphabet. Empty
PostSubject: Witches Alphabet.   Witches Alphabet. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:22 am

Also called the Theban Alphabet, many witches use this alphabet to encode their spells and writings in their Book of Shadows. In doing this they keep their writings safe from prying eyes. They also use this to secretly writethe symbols into wood, candles and stone to use as amulets or for spells.

Witches Alphabet. Wiccan10

History of the Alphabet.
The earliest known source for the Theban alphabet is as said above from Cornelius Agrippa's "Three Books of Occult Philosophy" first published at Antwerp in 1531. Agrippa provided the Theban Script in Book III, Chapter 29 and wrote, "Of this kind of character therefore are those which Peter Apponus notes, as delivered by Honorius of Thebes". This is almost certainly a reference to the author of the early 14th century "Liber Juratus, or the Sworne Booke of Honorius".

However, it is believed that the Theban alphabet actually originated as a Latin cipher before the 11th-century. The origin of the letterforms is obscure, but all the evidence is consistent with an origin as an early alchemical cipher alphabet influenced by Avestan. Others say that the alphabet first appeared in the book entitled, "The Magus" by Honorius II (Pope from 1216 to 1227) Users of this magickal alphabet often include a stylized character at the end of a writing. This character is translated as the Greek Alpha and Omega.
Back to top Go down
http://astralomia.ning.com/
indigowarrior

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Witches Alphabet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witches Alphabet.   Witches Alphabet. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:01 am

Thank you very much for posting this. Smile I love this alphabet it really speaks to me.
Back to top Go down
Anasopiah
Admin
Anasopiah

Female
Number of posts : 304
Humor : Quirky, dry, quick, witty.
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Witches Alphabet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witches Alphabet.   Witches Alphabet. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:21 am

I found it in my early teens in a book and I was mesmerised by it lol. It's beautiful to write in too - I don't use it for my spells but I use it for my blogs in my BoS Smile
Back to top Go down
http://astralomia.ning.com/
Sponsored content

Witches Alphabet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witches Alphabet.   Witches Alphabet. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Witches Alphabet.
Page 1 of 1