Pendulums are made from a variety of materials including crystals, wood, glass, and metals. They are often used as tools for spiritual healing and inner growth.Difficulty:
15 to 30 minutesHere's How:1. Choose A Pendulum:
Allow a pendulum to choose you. If you like the way it looks or feels, it is meant for you.2. Cleanse Your Pendulum:
You may cleanse it by holding it under running cold tap water, soaking it in sea salt, or setting a mental intention to free it of 'picked up energies.'3. Understand the Directional Swings of Your Pendulum:
Pendulums swing in vertical straight lines, horizontal straight lines, and in circular movements. 4. Define the Directional Swings of Your Pendulum:
Assign each directional swing a "response" by first asking the pendulum to show you what certain responses look like. Ask: What does a NO look like? What does a YES look like?... and so on.
Pendulum Response Examples:
5. Prepare Your Questions:
- vertical swing signifies NO
- horizontal swing signifies YES
- circular movement signifies NEUTRAL
A question should be one that can be answered with a positive, negative or neutral response.Good Example Question:
Will I be offered the job I interviewed for this morning? Poor Example Question:
Will my pregnant cousin deliver a boy or girl?6. Set Your Intention:
It is imperative that you precede your question session with a prayerful request or statement.Example Intention:
It is my intention to receive truthful answers which will serve the good of all concerned.7. Ask Your Questions:
Be prepared to ask several questions in order to receive enough information to aid you in your quest for answers.8. Between Questions:
Make sure to completely stop any pendulum motion between questions to clear any lingering energies that pertain to the previous question.[/list]Tips:
- Accept information only if your instincts assure you it is accurate.
- Keep a notebook handy to write down your questions and your pendulum's response.
- Each pendulum may have a different response. Likewise, each person must establish their own directional swings before using a pendulum.
- Make sure that the pendulums have been cleared of any negative energies before and after each use.
Taken from http://healing.about.com/od/tealeafreading/ht/readtealeaves.htm I do not take any responsibility or credit for the content of this article.